Following the traffic rules is one of the top vital things you must follow if you are driving a personal or commercial vehicle on the road. You also need to keep them in mind while you are walking on road lest you meet with an accident. The transport department in every country has got their set of strict rules and regulations which you need to follow or satisfy for bringing your vehicle on-road.
What All You Need For Bringing Your Vehicle On-Road?
There are some important things which come handy, and you must keep in mind while driving your car or bike. The key points include:
- Firstly, you must have your own permanent driving license (DL) in order to try your hand at the driving seat.
- If you are carrying a learner license, you must have by your side a person with permanent DL in order to guide you on the roads.
- You must always carry your car or bike’s ownership document every time you bring them on the road. Otherwise, your priced belonging may be seized.
- You must have the pollution clearance certificate for your own car or bike to ensure that they do not cause pollution when driven.
- You should get the insurance for your vehicle done on time so that you can claim its insurance coverage if you meet with any accident.
Bridging any of the above rules may lead to thepermanent seizing of your DL, heavy fine or even jail. The traffic police see in this area that you always follow all the rules and regulations.
Where From Can You Get Your Documents?
There is an office called the vehicle, and transport department who have their centers in every city are assigned the task of preparing the driving licenses and the ownership certificates. They are very fast in their work. The centers follow a similar procedure in their job. You must satisfy their requirements in order to get your job done. With a view to having a driving license, you must have a minimum age of 17 and 21 in thecase of heavy vehicles.
The Job Performed By The Vehicle And Driver Licensing Agency
This department has multiple tasks to perform. All the vehicles you see on the road, both commercial and private, have to pass through them and get their clearance certificate in order to get the permission to drive. They have a multi-faceted task. There’s a smooth procedure, and multiple government employees are working to guide you in every way.
Time It Takes
You get the ownership certificate which is termed as the blue book in around 7 days, and the driving license takes a bit longer of about one to two months. The permanent license takes a bit longer because you will be provided with a learner license in that tenure when you will be able to drive the car but only with the assistance of a matured driver.
There are multiple such facts which you will gradually come to know as you start driving your own car or bike on the road.
It is not at all a complicated procedure to choose latest style Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency number. The most important thing to consider while purchasing a vehicle with prefix form registration is the age of the car, as you cannot make a vehicle look newer than it is in actuality.
Registration Of Vehicles
The Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency have done certain things complicated in the registration process and knowing the year of manufacture of the car just not that simple anymore. For instance, a car is made in the year 2004, and it could be a 52 plate car or a 04 plate car. But it is more important that the specific date of registration is known so that the dealer of the number plate can help you out without a dilemma. The next step that must be followed after you have documented the correct date of registration is to choose the letters that need to come into view on the plate.
Principal Responsibility Of The Driver And Vehicle Licensing Agency
- The primary task of the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency is mainly maintaining the database of vehicles as well as drivers in the United Kingdom.
- It is an executive agency which is located in Swansea and has been in the field for more than 40 years.
- The organization at first started as a paper base and now it has gained significant accomplishment and is operating it with an exceedingly competent and organized manner.
- The agency is known to release new registration plate sequences on 1st December and 1st June every year.
- The rights of the purchasing any Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency number plate can be done for the period of the opening month of the issue and in sequence.
- It is after the first month that millions of exceptional plates are made available and at reasonable prices.
- The new number plates have been released in the year 2016 in May, and they comprise the 66 series.
- There are more than 45 million registrations available online which can be bought and you may find the task of finding the perfect number plate daunting at first , but the process of finding the ideal number plate is very simple.
- The total cost of the registration includes an assignment fee of £ 80 and the VAT, and there are no hidden charges taken.
- On purchase of the registration, the organization would send you a Certificate of Entitlement, and this form needs to be kept very safely. The application form is used primarily to allocate the registration to a vehicle.
- The validity of the certificate of entitlement can be checked by following the link provided on the website.
- It is very necessary in that case that you have the certificate number as well as the registration number safe with you. The registration of the vehicles apprehended by the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency are used to spot un taxed vehicles as well vehicles that go beyond their speed limit on the road.
A commercial driver is a driver who mainly operates large or heavy vehicles. In every country in the world, drivers are needed who can drive heavy vehicles. And to become a commercial driver, you need a commercial driver’s license. In a modern world where people live a busy life, they need to fulfill the basic amenities. From morning to evening people use a different kind of products or materials, and to transport them heavy vehicles are necessary.
And such heavy vehicles can only be operated by only commercial drivers who can smoothly carry those products undamaged from one place to another place. Like other countries, the UK also needs commercial drivers to fulfill the heavy commercial duties. The UK is a country where the procedure of acquiring a commercial license is not an easy task. It is a fact that in the UK you have to be very efficient and needs to complete all the required details to become eligible as a commercial driver.
The Process To Acquire A Commercial License In The UK:
- Before approaching for a commercial driver’s license, you need to acquire a car license. That means before being a commercial driver you need to be a normal car driver. Your age limit should be 18 or above, though some exceptions are there, but that is very rare. It is a must that you should have a CPC; that means you need to be a professional driver who has a Driver Certificate of Professional Competence.
- Now an essential question is why the CPC is necessary. CPC actually indicates one key fact that you are a driver by profession. So you are eligible enough to drive the car properly. But to get a commercial license, you need to acquire full Driver CPC. That means if you have a full Driver CPC, then you can drive all the heavy vehicles, like lorry, bus, and other heavy vehicles.
Now the main and most important point is how you can have the full Driver CPC. That means how you can get a commercial license.
- First, you need to apply for a provisional lorry or bus license. The Provisional license indicates what kind of heavy vehicles you actually want to drive. That means you need to mention whether you want to drive a bus or a lorry.
- Next, you need to pass four very essential tests to qualify for the full Driver CPC. If you have a prior car license, then you don’t need to pass the four tests, though this condition is very strict in the UK.
- After this, you need to be a part of periodic training for 35 hours. It will continue for every five years.
- And one very important part is you need to submit a declaration with a signature that you are still maintaining the medical standards. This declaration is necessary for every five years until you meet the age limit 45. After 45 years you have to provide a medical report for every five years to renew your commercial driving license. If you reach the age limit 65, then you need to provide this every year.
The above-mentioned process helps you to acquire commercial driver’s license. But to get the full information you need to contact DVLA. DVLA is the agency of the UK government to maintain the database of drivers in the UK.Read More